The Datagen connector can be used as a source to generate sample data based on a specified
data.type. Use the Datagen connector when you want to test pipeline SQL statements using random data without setting up connections to external systems.
|Delivery guarantee||at most once|
Follow these steps to use the Datagen Connector.
- From the Connections page, select the Datagen Connector and complete the following fields.
|UI Field||Property Name in the Decodable CLI||Description|
|Data Type||The type of sample data that you want this connection to emit. Must be one of the following:|
- envoy: Emits records formatted in Envoy's default layout pattern. See Default format pattern in the Envoy documentation for an example of what the emitted record looks like.
- counter: Emits records with
|Delay||Specifies the delay in milliseconds to wait between records. Must be greater than 100.|
Defaults to 100.
|Value Format||Must be set to JSON.|
- Select the stream that you’d like to connect to this connector. Then, select Next.
- On the "Define this Connection's schema" page, select Next. You cannot modify the schema for the Datagen connector.
- Give the newly created connection a Name and Description and select Save.
Updated 5 months ago